Friday 20 February 2015

Autumn

This post was written in October 2012:

Thought I'd share it again. Please feel free to comment.


Autumn
An acorn falls to the ground,
By natural processes it becomes embedded beneath the soil.

It's Autumn and the yellow, red and brown foliage blankets the land,
Like an electric blanket, emitting its own heat,
11As they mulch the piece of earth that is the nursery bed for a great oak.
Rain moisten the soil and the dead leaves give off a heat of their own.

Winter comes,
Everything dies back.
The colours fade and the world becomes a monochrome, black, white or grey.
Animals hibernate.
The wind blows, it rains, it pours, then it snows.

ALL DEAD?- NO.
Underground, and too slowly for any eye to perceive,
The seed germinates and starts to grow.

Spring arrives, the sun rises earlier, and thaws the snow,
White covering gives way to green,
Shoots break through and greet the new day.
It's no longer a seed - it's a sapling.

Over time, it grows, and the stem becomes a trunk.
Thicker, more sturdy,
Ultimately it's a landmark,  providing shade.
............................................................................................................................................................
Today,  we had a time of CREATIVE PRAYER. Fred announced the theme. Autumn and a verse of Scripture that seemed unrelated, but most definitely fitted with that that theme: 2 Chronicles 7:14 I concentrated on the phrase in that verse, "My People" and reminded me of another verse that I went to look up, though I had the wrong book in mind, the right chapter and verse. I looked up Joel 2:23:
Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the Autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both Autumn and Spring rains, as before.
24 The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.
25 I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten - the great locust and the young locust,  the other locusts and the locust swarm - my great army that I sent among you.
26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.
27 Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.

Hoses 2:23 which is what I was looking for in the first place, says:
I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.' I will say to those called 'Not my people,' 'You are my people'; and they will say 'You are my God.'
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that  He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If they cancelled Christmas

  If they cancelled Christmas   Christmas means something to everyone Not to say it’s all tinsel and fun, Some might prefer if it wa...